Call 415.498.0328 or email info (at) food-nerd dot com to make an appointment or speak with a Food NE/RD.
We have an office in downtown San Francisco (842 California St) and now with a new office in Rockridge, Oakland (23A Armanino Ct).
- Are you “on track” for optimal health with your daily food choices?
- Are you sick of diets and looking to loose weight for the long term as a product of lifestyle choices?
- Are you a Vegetarian or Vegan and not sure you are getting all the macro and micronutrients you need?
- Pregnant or post-partum and wondering what to eat?
- Training for a high-intensity sport event and need to fuel your body in the right way?
- Just told you have pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol or hypertension and looking for some dietary guidance?
- Does your workplace need a healthy make-over?
- Want to boost employee productivity and create a sense of wellness at work?
- Thinking about a wellness policy for your cafeteria and need someone to help with food choices?
- Looking for an experienced public speaker to inspire your group towards simple healthy eating?
- Want to learn to cook healthy food and why it is important?
- Want to tour your local grocery store and learn your best choices?
- Have an school or after-school group that would benefit from hands-on nutrition education?
The Food NE/RD staff can help you navigate the nutrition information overload and give you expert advice and coaching to help you or yours get to your nutrition goal.
We offer Nutrition Counseling and Therapy for:
Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition
Prenatal and Postnatal Nutrition
Medical Nutrition Therapy*
Consultations are conducted in person (Union Square, SF) or via phone or Skype. Give us a call or email to find out about our affordable pricing and/or insurance coverage.
Check out one person’s funny and flattering review of our services on The Bold Italic
Call 415.498.0328 or email info (at) food-nerd dot com to make an appointment or speak with a Food NE/RD
We also belong to a great health collective of practitioners called Mind Body Bump, we work together to support you in pregnancy and beyond.
“Helping you feel your best, one forkful at a time”
* MNT is nutrition therapy as part of a healthcare team approach to medical treatment for conditions such as heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and diabetes.
NOTICE: While we are health professionals, the contents of this website/blog are our opinions and general information and not meant to be diagnostic or used in lieu of working with your physician.
The difference between a “Nutritionist” and a “RD” or “RDN”:
Some RDs may call themselves “nutritionists,” (or Registered Dietitian Nutritionists/ RDN) but not all nutritionists are registered dietitians. The definition and requirements for the term “nutritionist” vary. Some states have licensure laws that define the scope of practice for someone using the designation “nutritionist,” but in other states (like California), virtually anyone can call him- or herself a “nutritionist” regardless of education or training.
Individuals with the RD credential have fulfilled specific requirements, including having earned at least a bachelor’s degree, completed a supervised practice program (1200 hours) and passed a registration examination—in addition to maintaining continuing education requirements for recertification.
Now that you know…choose a RD or RDN, the true “Nutrition Experts”!